9:00 AM – 9:15 AM – Conference Begins – Welcome!
Recognition of Sponsors and Conference Planning Committee
Amy Hamilton, City Manager, Richmond Heights, MEDFA President
9:15 AM – 10:00 AM – Opening Session
Missouri Legislative Update and 2021 Forecast
- Doug Stone, Attorney, Lewis Rice,
MEDFA Legislative Committee
- Randy Scherr, RJ Scherr & Associates,
MEDFA Government Relations Consultant
10:00 AM – 10:30 AM – Guest Speaker
Scott Colbert, Chief Economist, Commerce Bank NA
TOPIC: State of the U.S. Economy
10:45 AM – 11:45 AM – Sales Taxes, Weed & Wayfair
The Changing Landscape of Sales Taxation
- Vickie Wolgast, District Manager, Martin City CID
- Eric Creach, Attorney, Gilmore & Bell, P.C.
- John Mueller, Managing Partner, Mid-America Capital, Inc.
1:00 PM – 1:15 PM – Richard King Award Presentation
1:15 PM – 1:45 PM – Keynote Speaker
Jason Thein, Chief Administrative Officer & General Counsel, St. Louis MLS
TOPIC: Development of the St. Louis Soccer Stadium
2:00 PM – 3:00 PM – Municipal & Development Bond Market Market Overview through 2020 and expectations for 2021
- Jim Lahay, Managing Director, Stifel
- Ken Dotson, Senior VP, BOK Financial
- Mike South, Managing Director, Hilltop Securities, Inc.
3:15 PM -4:15 PM – Small Group Roundtables
Attendees will join small groups online (4-6 people) to discuss economic development ideas, opportunities, and challenges.